Refocusing the tech preview

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Dec 23 14:18:04 UTC 2013

Le samedi 21 décembre 2013 12:42:04 Kevin Ottens a écrit :
> Hello people,
>
> I see that new tasks appeared in the wiki, that's great, they were clearly
> missing. That said, they were all earmarked for the tech preview, so I took
> the liberty to move most of them to the list about the final release. We
> should get the tech preview out of the door ASAP now. It won't be perfect,
> that's fine and to be expected. What we need for it is the mechanisms in
> place to roll out versions and collect feedback and make sure the code is
> stable.
>
> As a matter of fact, I didn't move the "Ensure all the necessary files are
> in place..." task only because it was already started. But really it's
> something to do post-tech preview, so I'd welcome it put on the side for
> now and considered for the final. It's OK if we don't have README files
> everywhere for the tech preview.

For what it's worth, I am fine with you moving this task as well. I agree
README can be done later.

Missing COPYING.LIB files are more annoying, though. Right now they are
missing in kf5umbrella, kmediaplayer and plasma-framework (but I assume
plasma-framework is not part from the tp1?) I am going to add them this
afternoon.

Aurélien