Refocusing the tech preview

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Dec 21 11:42:04 UTC 2013

Hello people,

I see that new tasks appeared in the wiki, that's great, they were clearly
missing. That said, they were all earmarked for the tech preview, so I took
the liberty to move most of them to the list about the final release. We
should get the tech preview out of the door ASAP now. It won't be perfect,
that's fine and to be expected. What we need for it is the mechanisms in place
to roll out versions and collect feedback and make sure the code is stable.

As a matter of fact, I didn't move the "Ensure all the necessary files are in
place..." task only because it was already started. But really it's something
to do post-tech preview, so I'd welcome it put on the side for now and
considered for the final. It's OK if we don't have README files everywhere for
the tech preview.

Please let's not disperse and push toward the tech preview which is almost
there. The (badly needed) polishing is for the months after that tech preview.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net