Framework metadata

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Dec 20 10:43:20 UTC 2013

On Thursday, December 19, 2013 21:58:36 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> A standard which is used, is better than a not-used proprietary format. No
> matter what language it is. In the end it's about being machine readable and
> any machine readable language can be converted into another. Don't like
> XML? Write it in MAML and use a generator to convert to XML.

KDE as a community is a mostly focused on creating GUI apps, so it would seem
natural to me to provide a simple tool to parse, display and allow one to edit
the standard fields in these DOAP files. Then nobody ever needs to see them or
write them by hand. This is a single day’s worth of hacking at most.

+1 DOAP, -1 for the bikeshedding .. :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo