Framework metadata

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Dec 19 20:58:36 UTC 2013

On Thursday 19 December 2013 14:35:29 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:13:08 +0200, Giorgos Tsiapaliokas wrote:
> > I definitely like the idea but I don't like xml/rdf. Why don't we
> > just
> > use json?
>
> Because DOAP is an existing format, so it avoids reinventing the wheel.
Reminder: please don't bike-shed about the file format. Everybody has his
favorite markup language, I prefer MAML (Martin's Awesome Markup Language).

A standard which is used, is better than a not-used proprietary format. No
matter what language it is. In the end it's about being machine readable and
any machine readable language can be converted into another. Don't like XML?
Write it in MAML and use a generator to convert to XML.

Cheers
Martin