Framework metadata

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Dec 19 13:58:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 08:47:01 +0100, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 December 2013 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>>
>> The information in the DOAP file can also be used to generate
>> manifest
>> files for Inqlude (http://inqlude.org/)
>
> For this to work we need at least the following data in the DOAP
> file:
>
> * machine-readable name as identifier (all lower-case, no spaces or
> other
> special characters)

The name of the file without the extension can be used for that.

> * human-readable display name

That would be Project/name

> * one line short description

Project/shortdesc

> * longer description (preferably in markdown, so it can be properly
> formatted
> independent of the technology used for displaying it)

Project/description

The spec says nothing about markdown, but it makes sense to use it
there
and it should not cause trouble.

> * link to home page

Project/homepage[rdf:resource]

> * link to source code repository

Project/repository/*

A Git repository, can be defined like this:

   <repository>
     <GitRepository>
       <location rdf:resource="clone-url-goes-here"/>
       <browse
rdf:resource="url-for-repository-web-interface-goes-here"/>
     </GitRepository>
   </repository>

> * link to download page of release tarballs (optional)

Project/release/Version/file-release

But I am not sure we want to have this information here as it would be
annoying to update for framework releases.

> * list of licenses

Project/license

> * list of authors (at least one person with a name and an email
> address)

Project/maintainer (can appear multiple times)

> * list of supported platforms

DOAP does not have this information, it would need to be added to our
extension (like the framework tier and type)

Aurélien