Let's get in release mode!

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Dec 17 10:39:29 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 17 December 2013 23:27:39 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Other than apidox, I was also concerned about frameworkintegration,
> itemmodels, itemviews and dnssd. The rest of the names are quite
> descriptive as to what they contain and are fine.

Yeah, itemmodels and itemviews often come up as not descriptive enough,
but nobody has fixed that. What could we do? kf5itemmodels, kf5itemviews?
But actually the frameworks are already called that way, right? So this is
really just about the git repo? Which are in fact frameworks/itemmodels.git,
in terms of projects.kde.org?

> kde4support is also problematic as it is very similar to kdesupport and
> could become confused with it.

Yeah, it's always been the case though (kde4support vs kdesupport).
People know what to find in kde4support, from its name, for historical
reasons.

kdesupport, OTOH is kind of going away anyway, its contents should be
framework-ified soon.

> kf5umbrella also seemed a little odd...

Better than "umbrella" :-)