Fwd: Tracking bugs in Frameworks

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 18:01:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 16 December 2013 11:58:35 David Edmundson wrote:
>> I think if we did that it would be a good idea to prefix the names
>> with a common element like
>> "frameworks-coreaddons" "frameworks-kio" etc.
> I don't think it needs the prefix. For a description, we have the product
> description in bugzilla. So that should be fine. We don't have users who report
> bugs against frameworks directly, they neither know "kio" nor "frameworks-
> kio". For our triaging team it shouldn't matter much and from us developers I
> expect that we know it.

I disagree.

We will (hopefully) have a lot of developers who use Frameworks who
are not 'KDE' reporting bugs on the parts they do use. Having the
frameworks scattered over a huge list of 'noise'  when they are sorted
alphabetically would be really annoying. Certainly when I have to
update all the versions in bugzilla after a release I do not want to
have to go hunting to find all of them.

That said, I don't want to bikeshed over what isn't a particularly
massive point. Maybe someone can make an executive decision.

David