Preparing for the split

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 11:22:17 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> It is now really time to gear up toward the split. So from now on please
> don't
> create any new patches for the frameworks branch of kdelibs and put all
> effort
> and priority toward getting the existing open patches in reviewboard
> properly
> reviewed and pushed. We have to move fast if we want to keep our promise
> of a
> technology preview in December.
>
> There will be only one exception to this "no new patches" rule, and that's
> for
> the patches about the libraries rename started by Martin. Please help him
> get
> this work completed as soon as possible.

In tier3 there are some frameworks with "KDE" prefix (kded, kdewebkit,
kdewidgets), what should happend with these? I'd change it for kf5 for
webkit and widgets --> kf5webkit and kf5widgets, not sure about kded.
There's also KCMUtils, where KCM is similar to kded - an established name
used throughout KDE (lots of modules etc).

Opinions?

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer