Suggestion: create an own framework for KGlobalAccel

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Dec 8 17:04:45 UTC 2013

El Diumenge, 8 de desembre de 2013, a les 10:16:36, Martin Graesslin va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> at the moment KGlobalAccel is part of XmlGui which I consider semantically
> wrong. Global shortcuts have nothing to do with XmlGui and there are quite
> some examples for applications which need global shortcuts but do not use
> xml gui (e.g. everything in the desktop shell).
>
> My suggestion is to move the following source files into an own framework:
> * kglobalaccel.cpp
> * kglobalaccel.h
> * kglobalaccel_p.h
> * kglobalshortcutinfo.cpp
> * kglobalshortcutinfo.h
> * kglobalshortcutinfo_dbus.cpp
> * kglobalshortcutinfo_p.h
> * org.kde.kglobalaccel.Component.xml
> * org.kde.KGlobalAccel.xml
>
> From checking the source files this would become a tier1 framework as the
> dependencies are:
> * QtCore
> * QtDBus
> * QtWidgets
> * QtX11Extras
>
> Opinions?

Not an oposition but...

Is there no other tier1 framework where it would fit logically and dependency
wise?

Sometimes I have the fear we might be splitting a bit too much (which can
result in nightmare for release and package people amonsght otther stuff).

Cheers,
  Albert