DBusMenuQt5 cmake foo

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Aug 31 00:51:09 UTC 2013

Hey,

[concrete questions below]

I've been stumbling over some problems find and linking against DBusMenuQt5,
as from the bazaar repo, latest version. That one installs fine.

In kde-workspace, I'm trying to use it, the top-level CMakeLists.txt contains:

find_package(DBusMenuQt5)
set_package_properties(DBusMenuQt PROPERTIES DESCRIPTION "Support for
	notification area menus via the DBusMenu protocol"
   URL "https://launchpad.net/libdbusmenu-qt"
   TYPE REQUIRED
)

The FeatureSummary lists it among the optional, not found modules. I
understand that's due to the mismatch between the find_package and the
set_package_property calls, one has the 5 appended.

CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:83 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindDBusMenuQt5.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "DBusMenuQt5", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "DBusMenuQt5" with
  any of the following names:

    DBusMenuQt5Config.cmake
    dbusmenuqt5-config.cmake

[...]
-- The following OPTIONAL packages have not been found:

 * DBusMenuQt5

So I've tried both alternative, changing both calls to either DBusMenuQt or
DBusMenuQt5, but neither of them works, both break over the package not being
found, but required.

I've looked for a *Config.cmake file (as suggested), none on my system. The
libdbusmenu-qt repo doesn't install any cmake files, and the kde-workspace
repo doesn't have it, either. Where should this file come from?

There is a FindDBusMenuQt5.cmake kdelibs/staging/knotifications/cmake which
I've tried putting into the module path of the kde-workspace repository. It's
found there, but it only sets ${DBusMenuQt5_INCLUDE_DIRS} var.
${DBusMenuQt5_LIBRARIES} is set to something-NOTFOUND, and I can't link
against it. It also doesn't work for me for knotifications (but it's optional
there).

My questions:

* Does this actually work for anybody, in that case, what's wrong with my
system?

* From what I've learned from other modules, libdbusmenu-qt should bring its
own *Config.cmake file. Or should this go into e-c-m or be locally included in
kde-workspace?

* I guess the naming should be streamlined as well (the 5 missing)?

* The library naming is also messed up, not working here. What to do?

Cheers,
--
sebas