KF5 kwallet, kwalletd and wallet manager questions

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Aug 29 16:20:16 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Wednesday 28 August 2013 20:26:45 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> If you bundle lots of stuff in the tarball you may end up "wrongly"
> increasing your dependencies and people won't use the framework because "it
> depends on QtNetwork" or some other stuff that it's only used in
> kwalletmanager.
>
> Please let's not bundle stuff just because it's easier when there's a lot of
> people unbundleing stuff because it's better.

I agree with your statement above in general. But in that particular case for
some of the frameworks we tend to ship the mandatory runtime bits with them.
That would be the case for kwalletd here, not for kwalletmanager though.

And it's likely kwalletd would even become optionally built if I'm not
mistaken with secret service supposed to appear at some point.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net