Ki18n mostly ready

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Aug 5 19:45:31 UTC 2013

El Dilluns, 5 d'agost de 2013, a les 21:10:15, Chusslove Illich va escriure:

> >> [: Kevin Ottens :]
> >> That's fine with me too.
> >
> > [: Albert Astals Cid :]
> > Chusslove, you reading this? What's your opinion?
>
> I like the command line idea. I have no particular opinion of whether
> default should be allowed, and what it should be, and whether the .kcfgc
> entries should still exist (as in lower priority than command line options).

Well, if there's a kcfgc option for that, it's also fine, just make it
mandatory (i.e. no default)

> More generally, I'd like that, for a given library or application, it is
> enough to do in the CMakeLists.txt:
>
>   set(TRANSLATION_DOMAIN "foobar")
>
> and be done with it. This is by far easiest if all i18n-generating tools
> have appropriate command line options, for choosing the translation system
> and for setting the translation domain.

How would that
  set(TRANSLATION_DOMAIN "foobar")
help you knowing if you want a i18n() or a tr() based system?

> (Of the usual non-code files, only
> .rc files in principle (?) cannot be handled in this way; would need
> .rc.cmake treatment, or else manually.)

I got lost here.

Cheers,
  Albert