Ki18n mostly ready

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Mon Aug 5 19:10:15 UTC 2013

>>> [: Albert Astals Cid :]
>>> If I can't convice you so that we write software that primarily works
>>> for ourselves can I at least convince you to make so that
>>> kconfig_compiler forces you to pass a command line parameter saying
>>> which i18n model you follow and fails otherwise so people have to
>>> conciously decide if they are writing a tr() or a ki18n() based
>>> software?
>>
>> [: Kevin Ottens :]
>> That's fine with me too.
>
> [: Albert Astals Cid :]
> Chusslove, you reading this? What's your opinion?

I like the command line idea. I have no particular opinion of whether
default should be allowed, and what it should be, and whether the .kcfgc
entries should still exist (as in lower priority than command line options).

More generally, I'd like that, for a given library or application, it is
enough to do in the CMakeLists.txt:

  set(TRANSLATION_DOMAIN "foobar")

and be done with it. This is by far easiest if all i18n-generating tools
have appropriate command line options, for choosing the translation system
and for setting the translation domain. (Of the usual non-code files, only
.rc files in principle (?) cannot be handled in this way; would need
.rc.cmake treatment, or else manually.)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)