Thoughts on the "default syntax highlighter for QTextEdit" task

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Aug 5 09:54:15 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, 2013-08-01, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>
> > Should work, but extending the QPlatformIntegration class for such a
> > feature feels a bit overkill to me. Is there a simpler alternative?
>
> If at all then QPlatformIntegration is probably the wrong place, more like
> QPlatformTheme (which handles things more similar like native menu, native
> dialogs).
>
> Interestingly there must be another type of runtime loading somewhere
> because
> the QKdeTheme can obviously not depend on any KDE code at build time.
>
> I wonder if syntax highlighting is not something that should be up to the
> style?
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer
> KDE user support, developer mentoring

Our QPlatformTheme does depend on KF5, and I don't see how we're going to
be able to work without that dependency, we'll just have to release it
together with Qt. Let's work with this assumption...

On the other hand, I agree that doing this kind of things is a bit at the
limit of what QPT does... I don't know how much of a hack is to have this
in KStyle...

Aleix