Thoughts on the "default syntax highlighter for QTextEdit" task

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Mon Aug 5 09:02:32 UTC 2013

On Thursday, 2013-08-01, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:

> Should work, but extending the QPlatformIntegration class for such a
> feature feels a bit overkill to me. Is there a simpler alternative?

If at all then QPlatformIntegration is probably the wrong place, more like
QPlatformTheme (which handles things more similar like native menu, native
dialogs).

Interestingly there must be another type of runtime loading somewhere because
the QKdeTheme can obviously not depend on any KDE code at build time.

I wonder if syntax highlighting is not something that should be up to the
style?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring