please make it easier to hack on frameworks

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Apr 30 13:38:28 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 15:13:46 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> but then using a released CMake rather than a recent git snapshot
> would not be enough to make building more convenient. We would have to
> ensure that the required CMake version is shipped by all major
> distros, because I think that downloading released CMake tarballs

releases tend to get packaged. snapshots don't.

2.10.8.2 is available in packaged form for fedora, opensuse and ubuntu. not so for debian,
but then if you are using debian for cutting edge devel you are probably used to building
dependencies from sources.

relying on the last release of a build tool is really not too much to ask.

--
Aaron J. Seigo