please make it easier to hack on frameworks

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Apr 29 22:41:01 UTC 2013

On Monday 29 April 2013 22:00:15 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>  it's not enough to just have hackers writing code.

We have a lot more than that.

build.kde.org shows that kdelibs-frameworks builds and all tests are green.

That's a lot more stable than "hackers writing code [and not caring about what
happens]".

It includes "qt5.git from dev branch" and "cmake.git from master branch", but
I think that's acceptable. Compiling cmake from git is extremely easy, and
takes less time than this thread. I agree that at some point we need to
stabilize both the cmake and the qt5 requirements, but note that having to
wait for the next release of both *does* slow down development.