KF5 Unit test results

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Wed Sep 5 08:48:54 UTC 2012

> [: David Faure :]
> Could you have another lock? It's broken again, and this time it's not due
> to catalogLocaleDir(), I checked it in kdelibs-4 and kf5, and it returns /
> usr/share/locale in both (with trailing slash in kdelibs-4, but adding one
> didn't help).
> [...]
> Thanks for your help, I'm at a loss here.

Hm... When I simply did make install after pulling, I too had all
translation tests fail. Then, when I couldn't figure out what's wrong, I
deleted the build and install directories and built from scratch. Now only
QCoreApplication::translate() test fails; apparently it doesn't forward the
call to KLocale::translateQt(), i.e. KDE i18n does not see it at all.

As for i18n in general, so far I've written the script to remove KUIT markup
_from i18n strings (turned to be a bit more involved than I thought) -- do
you have a suggestion where to put it in the repos? Next I plan to rewrite
klocalizedstring.h, such that it reflects the planned changes, but most
importantly to have more comprehensive doc appropriate for a standalone
component. After we review it, I go adapting the code. Waterfall supreme.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)