KLocale plans

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Nov 25 12:49:48 UTC 2012

> [: David Faure :]
> I think this should be QLibrary("kf5/ktranscript"), and ensuring the file
> on disk is called ktranscript.so (no "lib" in front).

I forgot to say I tried that too :) Here's the sequence:

  $ grep 'QLib.*ktranscript' $SRCDIR/kdecore/localization/klocalizedstring.cpp
      QLibrary lib(QLatin1String("kf5/ktranscript"));
  $ ls -l $KDEDIR/lib/plugins/kf5/*ktranscript*
  ... /home/kdedevkf/kdedev/lib/plugins/kf5/ktranscript.so
  ... /home/kdedevkf/kdedev/lib/plugins/kf5/libktranscript.so -> ktranscript.so
  $ export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib/plugins
  $ kdecore/tests/klocalizedstringtest translateScripted
  QWARN  : KLocalizedStringTest::translateScripted() "Cannot load Transcript plugin:" "Cannot load library kf5/ktranscript: (kf5/libktranscript.so: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partag??: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type)"

Qt is 4.8.2 (system's), maybe that has something to do with this?

For reference, here is the provisional unit test function I'm trying with:

  void KLocalizedStringTest::translateScripted()
  {
      const QString kdelibs_sr = QStandardPaths::locate(QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation, QLatin1String("locale/") + "sr/LC_MESSAGES/kdelibs4.mo");
      if (kdelibs_sr.isEmpty()) {
          QSKIP_PORTING("l10n/sr not installed", SkipAll);
      }
      QStringList specLangs;
      specLangs.append("sr");
      QCOMPARE(ki18n("This program is distributed under the terms of the %1.")
                    .subs(ki18nc("@item license", "Artistic License").toString(specLangs))
                    .toString(specLangs),
               QString::fromUtf8("Овај програм се дистрибуира у складу са условима Уметничке лиценце."));
  }

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)