kemoticons is now in staging

Kevin Ottens ervin+bluesystems at kde.org
Wed Nov 21 07:26:21 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 20 November 2012 23:03:50 Valentin Rusu wrote:
> >   * Is the dependency on KService really needed? Or QStandardPaths would
> >   be enough?
>
> kemoticons uses backend plugins. So it's not simply about QStandardPaths
> here.

Sure, sorry if I was unclear. KService vs QStandardPaths is about locating the
plugins part, for loading them you need some extra calls and that's
KPluginLoader vs QPluginLoader. We should take the decision on how we locate
the plugins though, hence why I pointed out QStandardPaths.

In other words: Does kemoticons really need the querying system of KService?
Or looking into a set of known folders to find the plugins would be enough?

> However, I think that the way I had to add the dependencies on kservice
> is somewhat ugly, as it requires 4 lignes in order to get kservice
> headers compiled when included from this framework. Is there any new KF5
> macro to add kservice inclusions in a single line?

You did it in the proper way for now. It'll get cleaner when kservice moves to
its final place.

> >   * The only reason it depends on KConfig is to take a look in kdeglobals,
> >   we might want to do that differently (QSettings could be a contender?)
>
> I'll check that.

Make sure to check the emails from David and Sune as well on that topic.
They're right that QSettings is likely not needed, and that it should/could be
something controlled by a symlink like the icon themes, or a similar mean.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net