kemoticons is now in staging

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Tue Nov 20 22:03:50 UTC 2012

On 11/19/2012 05:52 PM, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> OK, thanks for tackling that one and keeping up posted on your progress.
>
> I took a quick look at the current situation. Questions you might want to
> investigate (in no particular order):
>   * Do you really need dependency on kwidgets/src/icons? I might have missed it
> but I didn't find kicon* inclusion.
Removed.
>   * Is the dependency on KService really needed? Or QStandardPaths would be
> enough?
kemoticons uses backend plugins. So it's not simply about QStandardPaths
here.
However, I think that the way I had to add the dependencies on kservice
is somewhat ugly, as it requires 4 lignes in order to get kservice
headers compiled when included from this framework. Is there any new KF5
macro to add kservice inclusions in a single line?
>   * The only reason it depends on KConfig is to take a look in kdeglobals, we
> might want to do that differently (QSettings could be a contender?)
I'll check that.
>   * You might want to have two subdirs under src, one for the lib itself and
> one for the provider plugins.
OK, I now have src/core and src/providers

> That's all the ideas I got so far, I assume you'd welcome some food for
> thought. ;-)
Yep, thanks ;-)

I'll re-check include directories and the QSettings stuff then I'll push
this.

Regards,

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)