kemoticons is now in staging

Kevin Ottens ervin+bluesystems at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 16:52:39 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Thursday 08 November 2012 20:28:59 Valentin Rusu wrote:
> I Just wanted you to know that I just pushed the kemoticons relocation
> to /staging.

I know I'm pushing people away from kdelibs splitting ATM, but that one should
be independent enough from the rest that splitting it should be doable, it's
kind of an exception.

> All the code compiles, but I have not yet managed to run the included tests.
> I'll carry on to check all the TODO items and announce here when I'll think
> all was done.

OK, thanks for tackling that one and keeping up posted on your progress.

I took a quick look at the current situation. Questions you might want to
investigate (in no particular order):
 * Do you really need dependency on kwidgets/src/icons? I might have missed it
but I didn't find kicon* inclusion.
 * Is the dependency on KService really needed? Or QStandardPaths would be
enough?
 * The only reason it depends on KConfig is to take a look in kdeglobals, we
might want to do that differently (QSettings could be a contender?)
 * You might want to have two subdirs under src, one for the lib itself and
one for the provider plugins.

That's all the ideas I got so far, I assume you'd welcome some food for
thought. ;-)

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net