KLocale plans

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Nov 18 19:53:36 UTC 2012

> [: David Faure :]
> Yes, please compile whatever you have ;)

Ok, I pushed it.

> I'm a bit surprised that ki18n depends on kservice, since kservice wants
> to depend on i18n (automatic catalog loading). I guess ki18n uses plugins,
> so the fix will be to port that to "pure Qt" plugin loading instead.

The dependency is due to the ktranscript module, which is the plugin
implementation of the translation scripting feature, because back then
people concluded it would be too much bloat to link directly to kjs.

Automatic catalog loading for components is not the problem though, since
that is the first next thing that I'm going to remove. (All library code
will use static catalog resolution, and application code will set catalog
directly.) The problem is rather that kservice is to be tier 3 (and it has
some i18n calls of its own), while ki18n is to be tier 2.

> I can look into that later, unless you take care of it.

If you could point me to a similar example, that would be great :) The code
in question is the short function KLocalizedStringPrivate::loadTranscript.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)