Dialogs, KMessage box and job widgets

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Thu Nov 15 20:48:14 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 09:18 PM, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2012-11-14, Valentin Rusu <kde at rusu.info> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a question about KMessage class from kdeui/dialogs.
>>
>> According to the epics page, kdeui/dialogs will go to tier3.
>> On the other hand, kdeui/jobs will go to tier2, only the class
>> KDialogJobUiDelegate is actually using KMessageBox.
>> If KMessageBox will stay in "dialogs", then tier2 jobs will need to call
>> tier3. I suppose that's not the desired situation.
>>
>> What would be the best solution in order to follow the defined policies?
>> Where should KMessageBox go?
> I have wondered a couple of times why we split widgets and dialogs.
>
> and I think putting KDioalogJobUiUglyDelegate in a quite high tier is
> okay, if it is what I remember it to be.

Well, that is an option that I actually considered, if splitting a
little the jobs classes would be ok.
Only, letting KMessageBox in tier3 will require that *all* classes that
are calling it whould then need to follow the same path, to tier3.

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)