Sonnet status?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Nov 9 00:15:49 UTC 2012

On Thursday 08 November 2012 23:19:06 Christoph Feck wrote:
> The moment I clicked on "Send", I realized this is frameworks list...
> so you probably were only interested in porting status...

>From a frameworks point of view, sonnet has had its core moved into staging
(as you can see in a frameworks checkout). It needs simple porting from i18n
to QCoreApplication::translate("", ...) to have no more kdecore dependency,
and then the core framework is done, iirc.

It's just that it currently depends on KConfig for *one* setting, maybe this
could be done differently so as not to have this dependency.

On the other hand it also uses KService to locate its plugins --- this could
be ported to "pure Qt plugins" instead, by dropping the desktop files and just
installing the plugins into a sonnet subdir of the plugins dir (see extra-
cmake-modules, it knows where to install plugins the Qt way [into the current
prefix, not into Qt itself, this isn't Qt4 anymore]).

I'm pretty sure nobody is working on this at the moment, so please go ahead.
The "in progress" on the wiki page reflects a very old status -- from someone
who got blocked by the next item:

Next step after the above would be to move the GUI parts too (into a separate
lib, but same framework), however these depend on kdeui work, which Kévin is
currently working on summarizing and planning.