[kdelibs/frameworks] /: Change kde4 to kde5 in subdir names (services, servicetypes, plugins etc.)

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Mar 30 21:28:25 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 28 March 2012 01:21:02 David Faure wrote:
> [...]
> What I meant with the last quoted line above is that if it's only legacy
> stuff, then it will go away at some point anyway, i.e. it's not where we
> need to concentrate our marketing efforts.

Agreed.

> However for the application desktop files case, this is long-term stuff, not
> legacy.

Right. Now trying to turn the problem around, what about not versioning that
folder? (then it's just the vendor name which is fine) Then the problem
becomes "we need to version the desktop file", which could be done at install
time maybe? Renaming the desktop file from "foo.desktop" to "foo5.desktop"?

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net