[kdelibs/frameworks-kcolors] /: Move khbox and kvbox from kdeui/widgets to staging/kwidgets/src/widgets

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Mar 13 14:08:34 UTC 2012

[Removing unnecessary CCs now]

On Monday 12 March 2012 13:10:12 Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:
> On 12 March 2012 00:37, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > Indeed. Well, we could skip that, of course.
> > And when you would rebase, your commit would become only that (the
> > addition of
> > kwidgets into kcolorwidgets/CMakelists.txt).
>
> I don't understand how this can be done.,

This can be done as part of the conflict resolution during a git rebase.
Anyway, you're going faster with this than I was anticipating, so let's drop
this idea for now.

> > > In order kcolors to work I have to do a few more splitting.
> > > The kcolors can be ready in 2-3 days If there is someone online
> > > to help me a bit.
> >
> > I'll be online.
> > I appreciate your optimism ;) But I'm not sure we'll need only 2-3 days,
> > this
> > seems to drag most of kdeui as dependency, so there are still many things
> > solve. But I guess you're right: let's give it a try.
>
> in the other thread I mention which files prevent the kcolors from compiling
> successfully. It 3-4 files. So when the colors are ready we can merge them.
> No?

Yep. I initially expected many more dependencies.

I'm not always right :-)

> > BTW for this stuff:
> > kcolordialog.cpp:    kapp->installX11EventFilter(filter);
> > feel free to comment it out for now, like this:
> > #if 0 // Qt5 TODO: port to QWidget::nativeEvent
> > This will require testing to be ported correctly.
>
> Do you mean this?
> s/kapp->installX11EventFilter(filter); / #if 0 // Qt5 TODO: port to
> QWidget::nativeEvent

Well, keep the old code, so that we have an idea what it was doing, but yes,
comment it out. No point in finding a Qt4 solution for it.