KF5 Volunteer day 1: Done

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 11 08:14:41 UTC 2012

On Sunday 11 March 2012 08:29:53 David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 27 February 2012 22:02:53 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> >    - Manual tests in: staging/kguiaddons/tests
>
> You mean staging/kguiaddons/examples, I think.

Oh, you're right, I hadn't noticed that the directory structure policy had 3,
not just 2, directories.

"Code examples go into an examples subdirectory
Automatic tests go into an autotests subdirectory
Test applications go into a tests subdirectory"

Funky. The line between a test app and an example app is quite thin.
Any test app is an example app imho...
I'm not sure it makes much sense to split them, except if the idea is that an
example app is a "cleaned up and commented" test app. I don't think we have
any of these though ;)