Porting KWidgets to Qt5

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jul 9 13:46:25 UTC 2012

On Monday 09 July 2012 17:26:46 Иван Комиссаров wrote:
> I answered to them. They disagree with them in that case. For me is biggest
> priority is to port as much kde as code as possible. And i didn't even try
> to port d'n'd related signals for same reasons as Jeremy says - API should
> be minimal.

IMHO if we can get in the 3 new signals and not the one without arguments,
this will be good enough by far.

Having to write an if() in a slot is perfectly fine, and much less work than in
the current situation.
And having both signals, with and without args, is actually quite confusing.

PS: calling people stupid won't get you far in terms of respect within the Qt
community.