Questions about porting away from kdeui classes

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 06:04:33 UTC 2012

I started some work in my local repo.

I started from QtColorButton (from QtDesigner/QtCreator)

Why KColorButton (
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKColorButton.html)
needs defaultColor property? What are usecases? It can be emulated checking
for button->color()->isValid(), isn't it?

Should button draw text/icon over the color rectangle? (KColorButton has
properties inherited from QAbstractButon, but they don't work for
KColorButton)

QtColorButton is able to d'n'd text from/to the button. I added bool prop
to disable d'n'd (bool dragDropEnabled). Is it needed? (pros - if app
doen't have d'n'd support it is strange that one single button have this
support. More, why we need to allow d'n'd in case if there's no other
buttons (and no widgets to drop color. Cons are minor - it just another
property)