KF5 Volunteer day 1: Done

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Feb 27 21:02:53 UTC 2012

On Friday 24 February 2012 01:49:32 Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:
> On 24 February 2012 00:34, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:
> > So, I'll ask the obvious question since my worry was about people turned
> > down
> > disgusted. How did you feel with the tasks at hand?
>
> Because I am no good with the build system stuff I am still struggling but
> it was also very interesting because I learn from it.
> I believe that the tasks were as difficult as they should be, it was kind
> of hard to write by myself the new CMakeLists.txt but we had some good
> mentors. I wasn't turned down at all because every time that I needed help
> someone was there to give me an answer. :)

OK, perfect. That was my main worry. Thanks for this answer I was looking for
that. So it looks like we did it properly. :-)

> IMHO tasks like splitting are doable for newcomers. Pretty much
> -we had to investigate the classes and split them according to the tier
> policy
> -do some git mv $foo
> -and to create the CMakeLists.txt
>
> cheers
>
> P.S.: I pushed my work @branch frameworks-kcolors(it still needs some
> work regarding the build system)

It'll likely require some further work indeed, at a glance I see there's some
issues with the folders organization. In your branch currently you organized
as follow:
 * kguiaddons
    - Sources in: staging/kdeuiaddons/kdeguiaddons
    - Tests in: staging/kdeuiaddons/kdeguiaddons/tests
 * kcolorwidgets
    - Sources in: staging/kcolorwidget/kcolorwidgets
    - Tests in: staging/kcolorwidget/kcolorwidgets/tests

While it has to be:
 * kguiaddons
    - Sources in: staging/kguiaddons/src
    - Automated tests in: staging/kguiaddons/autotests (that would be
kcolorutilstest)
    - Manual tests in: staging/kguiaddons/tests
 * kcolorwidgets
    - Sources in: staging/kcolorwidgets/src
    - Automated Tests in: staging/kcolorwidgets/autotests
    - Surprisingly this one has no manual tests for now

Looks like you will have to adjust a bit your CMakeLists.txt after that. ;-)

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net