KF5 Volunteer day 1: Done

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Feb 23 22:34:56 UTC 2012

On Thursday 23 February 2012 22:51:34 Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:
> On 23 February 2012 16:52, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:
> > Out of those five, two decided to try themselves at splitting some
> > frameworks out of kdeui, and somewhat unsurprisingly they've been
> > struggling with it. So far I didn't see their changes for those split get
> > into the branch which concerns me a tiny bit: are they about to give up in
> > disgust? If that's the case then we probably failed at giving a task of
> > the right difficulty to someone.
>
> I guess that you are referring to me and Antonis. :)

Yes. :-)

> This is an examination period for us, and we don't have much time that's why
> we delayed to push our work to kdelibs (of course in a separate branch)
> Sorry for the delay on pushing those branches.

That's perfectly fine, totally understand that.

Glad that you read the list and wrote here. ;-)

So, I'll ask the obvious question since my worry was about people turned down
disgusted. How did you feel with the tasks at hand? I see from the pushed
branch that there's still quite some work and a couple of misunderstanding to
solve, which is totally fine (don't worry, I'd expect no different). Just
wondering how you live it, etc. That's important to know if we want to pursue
handing out this kind of tasks. Obviously it's harder as less self contained.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net