KDEInstallDirs.cmake in extra-cmake-modules

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Feb 18 17:05:33 UTC 2012

On Saturday 18 February 2012 18:01:26 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Saturday 18 February 2012, Kevin Ottens wrote:

> > > I mean, "kde" is a well-known name, we should not hide it.
> >
> > That's trying to put some marketing details in a technical aspect IMHO. It
> > should map to the product, and product code name if KF5.
>
> No, it's not.
> See my other mail.
> Currently there is no "KF5", and there are no plans to have one.
> Instead we have plans to make a set of libraries which are called together
> "KDE frameworks".
>
> KDEInstallDirs.cmake is in extra-cmake-modules since yesterday.
> This is definitely not a "KF5InstallDirs.cmake". There is nothing in it
> which is KF5-specific.

Sorry, I apparently misunderstood what you meant or replied at the wrong place
(as you can see in the other thread I didn't ask for file rename). I was
talking about the variable names, we used to have a KDE4_ prefix I just meant
it should be a KF5_ prefix in such cases now.

My apologies for the noise then. :-)

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net