Config files for frameworks (Was: KArchive for Qt4)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Dec 18 16:39:08 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 18 December 2012, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> >> Why HAVE vs USE? It looks like USE_SYSTEM_UDisks2 would be appropriate?
>
> Did you notice this?

yes, but forgot to answer.
No strong reason here. The options containing "HAVE" are based on whether that
thing existed on the system where the library was built. This one is
independent on whether udisk2 existed on that system, so I thought "USE" might
be better.
I might also use "USE" for all those options...

> >> No, I don't see why it would be.
> >
> > The reason I put it there initially was for completeness, to have both
> > the single libraries as well as the potentially multiple needed
> > libraries for using.
>
> Then let's define completeness as not including *_LIBRARY variables (See
> also my points elsewhere about minimalism and maintenance).

Ok.

Alex