[kdelibs/frameworks] /: Simplify libqtmimetypes directory structure, remove unused files, and fix header installation

Jon Severinsson jon at severinsson.net
Thu Dec 13 10:53:41 UTC 2012

At Thursday 13 December 2012 11:40:15 David Faure wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> Glad to see you committing to frameworks again :-)
>
> Just one question though: do you need the Qt4 compatibility?

No, I just did some cleanup I needed in order to test that other changes I'm
still playing around with works on both Qt4 and Qt5.

> I was starting to think about dropping that -- which means removing
> libinqt5+libqtmimetypes completely.

I have no problems with officially dropping Qt4 support, but think we should
probably wait for an official 5.0.0 release first (and then support both 5.0.x
and 5.1-git until the 5.1.0 release), to make KF5 slightly more acessible.

> Cheers,
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Sponsored by BlueSystems and KDAB to work on KDE Frameworks

Best Regards
Jon Severinsson