Review Request: Don't lose the original CMAKE_MODULE_PATH

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Tue Aug 7 21:26:04 UTC 2012

Am 07.08.2012 22:42, schrieb Alexander Neundorf:

>> > Can you post a link to it here ?
>

> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/kdewin/repository/revisions/70
>
>> fec467fecfde722b1da55a1f805e852c20bf47 and the following patch.
>
> Thanks.
>
> KDEWinConfigVersion.cmake.in looks ok.
>
> Once you require a newer cmake version, i.e. 2.8.6, or hihger you can
> get rid of that file and use write_basic_package_version_file() coming
> with cmake instead.
>
> KDEWinConfig.cmake.in:
>
> The install dir for the headers is not configurable ?
>
> If this is the case, then KDEWIN_INCLUDE_DIR is correct, otherwise it is
> not.

There isn't any reason for it to be configurable.

> Setting CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES and CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES within the
> Config.cmake file is not good style.
>
> Finding a package should not change the behaviour of cmake, just provide
> information about the package which has been found. So I'd prefer to
> remove lines 26 and 27.

Since kdewin is a special library (a compatibility layer) I would like
to keep that in place. Otherwise I would have to set this in each and
every dependent package. The code has been copied over from the old
FindKDEWin.cmake, and I think that the behaviour should not be changed here.

> Otherwise it looks ok I think.
>
> Alex

regards,
Patrick