More work available

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Aug 4 00:52:16 UTC 2012

On Friday 03 August 2012 13:57:54 Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> I started taking a stab at the KApplication -> QApplication
> fix/conversions, then pulled and can't build currently.  I can't tell
> from the last few commits what broke it either.

I just compiled kdelibs with Qt4 and with Qt5, no errors.

OK, not a clean build with rm -rf of the install prefix, I'll do this now.

> The error I'm getting
> is about KDE_DEPRECATED in kdecore/config/kconfig.h included from
> ksharedconfig.h

This typically happens when a KDE4 header is being found instead of a kdelibs-
framework header.

Do you have KDE4 headers in /usr/include maybe?
Is -I/usr/include in the compilation line?  (make VERBOSE=1 to see it). In
theory this should never happen, but the difference between theory and practice
is that sometimes things break in practice :-)

In fact, there's no kdecore/config/kconfig,h anymore, that header is in
tier2/kconfig/src/core/kconfig.h
Are you really on the frameworks branch? :-)