fix frameworks-kactions compile error

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 11:25:59 UTC 2012

Kevin Ottens wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 April 2012 18:59:26 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> David Faure wrote:
>> > Actually, KIcon* should be in kguiaddons, not in kwidgets, I think.
>>
>> That would make kguiaddons depend on QtWidgets, which may not be what we
>> want (QIcon is in widgets).
>
> It's really an unfortunate decision on the Qt side to put QIcon in
> QtWidgets. Anybody has any idea on the rationale behind that move? To me
> QtGui was the perfect match.

The explanation is in this thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.devel/1093/focus=1180

It also has the explanation for why QAction was not moved. It it possible
that we'll see QGuiIcon and QGuiAction in 5.x or so I suppose.

> Extra question if someone knows, what will the QtComponents for desktop
> use for the visual integration? Their own thing completely by-passing
> QIcon? Or they'll get a dependency on QtWidgets?

Given the thread above, it's probably some new API.

Thanks,

Steve.