Porting the NETWM classes to xcb

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:19:44 UTC 2012

Fredrik Höglund wrote:

> I have pushed an update to this branch that moves the xcb includes to
> the .cpp file as suggested by Christoph.  I also fixed some 64 vs 32 bit
> issues discovered by Philipp Knechtges while testing.
>
> It's apparently also an issue that some Linux distributions are shipping
> old versions of xcb that are missing some of the libraries the cmake
> test checks for.  Right now the only library kdelibs is using is the core
> xcb library.  This will change over time though, so I'm not sure what the
> best way is to deal with this.
>
> Is anyone else planning on testing and/or reviewing these patches?

Thanks for working on this.

I'm not sure I can review the patches, but I have rebased your branch to
frameworks (after solving some trivial conflicts) and started looking into
porting it away from QX11Info and to QPA.

I've managed to make it build with Qt 5 by commenting some stuff out. Maybe
I'll be able to make it work eventually.

Thanks,

Steve.