a documented game play

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:10:54 UTC 2011

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> i am aware that we have these pages:
>
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Modularization
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/QtMerge
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Platform_11
>
> but they aren't enough. i think it's time to put some real project
> management and direction into our efforts here to really get it moving.
>
> so .. when it good for people? i'm not available this weekend, and i leave
> for 5 days starting at the middle of next week, though hopefully will have
> internet access then :)

I'm not available for such a meeting until after 20th November.

Something I would like to see is a task to ensure that source compatibility
is kept.

Eg, d2e533f2cf91c633d4c5b9fdb2aede5f8cb30f39 removes KGlobal::charsets().
Instead of being removed, that should be implemented to return
KCharsets::charsets(). We shouldn't be letting things like that creep in in
cases like that when there are easy ways to keep SC. Apart from a learning
process, it will require people looking for that stuff and looking at diffs
of 4.7 to frameworks .h files and seeing what has got in already.