a documented game play

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 9 15:53:07 UTC 2011

hi :)

there's a nearly constant struggle over kdelibs work due to the 4.7 branch
being theoretically frozen for features. telling people to focus on frameworks
is a little hard at the moment for two reasons:

* i don't know where to point them to for a open tasks list
* we don't have a clear set of milestones and actionable goals to achieve so
that people can guage progress and see the light at the end of the tunnel

if either of the above exists, please point me to them. otherwise, i'd like to
host a meeting on irc in the next week to collect this information from those
most involved currently with the frameworks effort and then turn that into a
working page on community.kde.org under http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core

i am aware that we have these pages:

	http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Modularization
	http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/QtMerge
	http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Platform_11

but they aren't enough. i think it's time to put some real project management
and direction into our efforts here to really get it moving.

so .. when it good for people? i'm not available this weekend, and i leave for
5 days starting at the middle of next week, though hopefully will have
internet access then :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se