KColorScheme

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Nov 4 10:59:54 UTC 2011

On Thursday 03 November 2011 20:41:19 Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In moving KColorScheme and KColorUtils, KColorSpaces, and
> KColorMimeData from kdeui/colors into tier1/libkgui I found
> KColorScheme uses KSharedConfig which is in Tier 2 according to the
> spreadsheet.  Does that mean KColorScheme needs to be ported to not
> use KSharedConfig somehow?  Or does KColorScheme need to move up to
> tier2 also?

The tier number is just a flag, we should probably not have used different
subdirs -- but that's a temporary situation anyway, the goal is to split out
that stuff. So, don't worry too much about the tier number for now, they will
depend in the end on wat goes into Qt and what doesn't.

In addition, the whole situation with KConfig/KSharedConfig is pretty unclear,
there are some people interested in writing a QConfig (I remember at least
Helio and Andreas Hartmetz), but they might not have time by themselves so
help will be welcome.

I would leave the kconfig code untouched for now.