examples

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:26:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk> wrote:
> As one who has a bit of packaging experience.
>
> if examples for libfoo got installed when apidocs were built and installed
> into PREFIX/share/doc/(lib)foo then I'm sure most distros would ship the
> examples together with the documentation. (or alternatively if they
> don't ship the apidocs tehy wouldn't ship the examples either)

We can leave the examples in the original source trees when the
tarballs are generated, and *additionally* create a kdeexamples
tarball which is not intended to be packaged. Indeed, multiple
distribution methods come to mind then: A website collecting all
examples into a nice overview would be legendary.

Greetings
Stefan