GSoC '21 KMyMoney: Removed all usage of webpricequote in equity price update dialog source.

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Aug 2 21:06:05 BST 2021

On Montag, 2. August 2021 18:12:06 CEST Suraj Kumar Mahto via Kde-finance-apps wrote:

> Thank you very much, everyone, for the previous help :)
>
> I have replaced all existing usage of webpricequote in kequitypriceupdatedlg
>
> However, Lines 25,26,27 in the header were creating conflicts due to
> unresolved forward declaration.
> https://invent.kde.org/surajsloth/kmymoney/-/blob/gsoc21/kmymoney/dialogs/kequitypriceupdatedlg.h#L25
>
> I think that including the mymoneyfile, mymoneyprice.h, mymoneysecurity &
> mymoneystatement headers are good enough to replace the same in
> kequitypriceupdatedlg.h Please correct me if I am wrong.

It might be better (performance wise) to add those includes to the kequitypriceupdatedlg.cpp file
and maybe others that also include the kequitypriceupdatedlg.h file.

The forward declaration usually uses less resources while compiling than including the full
class definition. Since the header file only uses references or pointers to those objects,
knowing that the classes exist is enough for the compiler to deal with the class definition
of KEquityPriceDlg.

Thomas Baumgart

I don't think any of us need any help in this regard, getting
rid of money is probably the single most userfriendly interface
since breast-feeding... unfortunately. -- A.J. Venter