Questions on API for databases query

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Aug 29 18:02:37 BST 2020

Hi Prasun,

On Samstag, 29. August 2020 18:49:03 CEST Prasun Kumar wrote:

> Hi mentors,
>
> > Seehttps://cgit.kde.org/kmymoney.git/tree/kmymoney/payeeidentifier/ibanandbic?h=4.8,
> > which contains such an implementation. Adding this to ktoblzcheck needs
> > some remapping..
> >
> > I looked through the implementation at
> https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/tree/4.8/kmymoney/payeeidentifier/ibanandbic
> and I had some questions.
>
> 1. How is the value of plugin variables like 'X-KMyMoney-CountryCodes' set?
> I can see that for each country there is a .desktop file
> in the plugins/ibanbic directory which is installed in the
> ${SERVICES_INSTALL_DIR} directory which has this variable for every
> country.
> Is it sufficient for setting the value or is there some other code that I
> am unaware of?
> I looked through here:
> https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Services/Plugins but didn't
> find self-defined properties.

I found usage of this in the KService::trader calls in e.g.

QString ibanBicData::iban2Bic(const QString& iban)

and other methods in this file:

https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/blob/master/kmymoney/plugins/ibanbicdata/ibanbicdata.cpp#L99[1]

To me it looks enough to install that descriptive file and KMyMoney will
pick it up to access the database.

> 2. ${SERVICES_INSTALL_DIR} is a part of KF5. So, should KF5 be added as a
> required dependency to the library or
> is there any smaller subset for this that can be used instead?

There may be differences when installing with KDE4 and KF5.

> 3. What exactly ibanbic-storageplugin does?

I am not sure if you are referring to the part that is contained in KMyMoney.
There it stores the iban and bic data for a payee. Your code should not have
an impact or dependency on that at all (from what I see).

Thomas Baumgart

"I know, a 'real Linux geek' doesn't walk around the wall: He bangs
his head against it until it tumbles down!" -- wobo on FLUG ml

--------
[1] https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/blob/master/kmymoney/plugins/ibanbicdata/ibanbicdata.cpp#L99