[Kde-finance-apps] Re: import / export library for Alkimia

Guillaume DE BURE guillaume.debure at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:03:06 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 26 mai 2011 01:50:41, Alvaro Soliverez a écrit :
> Hello,
> sorry for the late reply, it's been really busy at work with half my
> team away at a conference.
>
> I'm very glad to see you joining the effort.
> Your code can provide solid import/export features, plus a good
> database backend. We're very much in need for those.
>
> I really don't know the details of your import/export code, but if you
> use a database for the temporary, we could use that as the storage for
> the billing and application-integration use cases.
> On our side, we can then add dbus interfaces so that applications can
> connect to it, and of course whatever may be missing for the specific
> use cases.
Sounds like a plan :) Yes, we are using a database (sqlite) for the storage, and it might be necessary to use it for this module. Which means using the Skrooge datamodel, at least with the current code. But of course we can evolve it it future commits

> We'll have to move some code around, but we can discuss the details
> when time comes.
>
> You could commit the code to the Alkimia in playground, and we can
> then move from there.
Stéphane can you commit our current code there ? You will know better than me what is required for this lib...

> BTW, are you using git already? Perhaps after we
> decide exactly what to do, we could move all the code there, since
> that's the future.
Yes we do. The move was rather easy, so I can help with doing it for Alkimia when you guys are ready. And I must say that git is pretty cool. I especially like the easy branch management, which basically allows me to commit very experimental stuff without disturbing the master branch.