[Kde-finance-apps] Re: payment detection

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Sun Jun 5 21:14:55 CEST 2011

Am Sonntag, 5. Juni 2011, 14:24:17 schrieb puneet goyal:
Hello Puneet,

> Hello I have made a small data model for this.
> Please have a look at it and tell me about what corrections i should
> do or what other entities or attributes i should add.

> Also have a look at the usecase too
The usecase looks fine to me. As I said in the other mail, I think Alkimia
should not have knowledge about Kraft documents in detail. You mention that
the service should use the document Id to detect the incoming payment in
the stream of incoming online banking data. I agree on that idea. I think
the data which is used for detection should come as Key-Value pairs from
the client, for example kraft would send this for a document:

Document-ID:   4711
Name:          Strawinsky
First Name:    Elena
Document Type: Invoice

The Alkimia Service in turn would associate the strings with the created
transaction. When a payment comes in, it searches for the strings "4711",
"Strawinsky", "Elena" and "Invoice". If it finds for example "Elena", it
would ask the user something like: "The online banking record XY contains
the word Elena which is associated as First Name with the transaction Z.
This transaction expects a payment. Is that online record representing the
payment for the transaction?"

PRECONDITIONS
1. Not neccessarily I think. I mean, it hardly makes sense, but Alkimia should
be independent from its clients.
2. that is more important for the invoice manager
3. yes, as search term or meta information, see above. However, the Alkimia
service should imo not depend on document details. The transaction, however,
urgently needs a world wide unique number created by the Alkimia Service.

so much for now,

Klaas