[Kde-finance-apps] Re: Billing transaction fields

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Jun 3 12:40:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Friday 03 June 2011 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

> Changed the subject as it wasn't current anymore.
>
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:32 AM, samir <sam1487 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I was wondering what fields I should take as input from the user in the
> > mobile client software I am working on. The purpose is to let a user
> > input a transaction he did with as few typing as possible, thereby
> > recording just what is required. I would like to know which fields I must
> > include, so that when I export the transactions to a xml, I can use the
> > file to import it into any financial application. Such an import will
> > adjust the accounts that will change due to the transaction. I would like
> > to ensure the fact that I am taking enough information from the user to
> > update these accounts.
> >
> > These are the fields I have thought of:
> >
> > UId
> > transaction_description (
> > additional_note
>
> what's the difference between the 2 fields above?
>
> > payment_mode (cash, credit card, debit)
>
> + payment account (eg. which savings acct or credit card you used)
>
> > amount
> > datetime_of_transaction
> > transaction_type (change in expense, liability or asset)
>
> + transaction account/category (eg. what kind of expense it was. Was
> it groceries, oil, furniture, utilities, etc.)
>

> I think not all of those fields should be required, but it would be
> nice to have them, to allow for a better matching when present.

The mobile application should have a capability to load the list of
accounts/categories from the desktop system. That way, an assignment of those
items to the transaction is a lot easier.

A currency field would become handy in case you travel a lot to foreign
countries.

Thomas Baumgart

A: I hear that if you play the Windows XP CD backwards, you
 get a Satanic message!
B: That's nothing. If you play it forward, it installs WinXP!