[Kde-finance-apps] Re: error while compiling alkimia-payment

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 08:47:40 CEST 2011

2011/7/13 puneet goyal <puneetgoyal08 at gmail.com>:
> CMakeFiles/paymentbackend.dir/backend.o: In function `void
> qDBusDemarshallHelper<AlkUser>(QDBusArgument const&, AlkUser*)':
>
> /usr/include/qt4/QtDBus/qdbusmetatype.h:76: undefined reference to
> `operator>>(QDBusArgument const&, AlkUser&)'
>
> CMakeFiles/paymentbackend.dir/backend.o: In function `void
> qDBusMarshallHelper<AlkUser>(QDBusArgument&, AlkUser const*)':
>
> /usr/include/qt4/QtDBus/qdbusmetatype.h:72: undefined reference to
> `operator<<(QDBusArgument&, AlkUser const&)'
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I am having this error while compiling and not able to find where the error
> is actually.
> Here it is shown that the error is in a function of a file which is
> automatially generated or built while compiling.
> It has not shown the exact location where the error has occured
> Can you tell me how to handle these types of errors?

To fix this you must have
operator>>(QDBusArgument const&, AlkUser&)
operator<<(QDBusArgument&, AlkUser const&)
implemented somewhere. You need to link the object file where it's
implemented with your application/library.
In your case looking at [1] it seems that alkuser.cpp is not compiled
and linked.

Regards,
Cristian

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/office/alkimia/payment/backend/CMakeLists.txt?revision=1241461&view=markup