[Kde-finance-apps] Re: libalkimia now in extragear

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Jan 14 08:25:51 CET 2011

Hi,

on Friday 14 January 2011 04:13:30 Fernando Vilas wrote:

> On Thursday, January 13, 2011 06:53:04 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> [...]
>
> > LibAlkimia will be a dependency of KMM.
> > Alkimia, the storage backend, will not be included in KMM, but there
> > is going to be the possibility to communicate with it, like AqBanking
> > or OFX today.
> > For quotes, we expect it to act as a central storage of shares and
> > currency quotes, which KMM may or may not use, like Finance::Quote
> > today, for example.
> > So, you will still be able to use other means to update your quotes.
>
> There was a wishlist bug opened against KMM a while ago to use GHNS to keep
> the quote update tools up to date. Should it be a wishlist against Alkimia
> Quotes instead?

Since I opened that item: that could well be, once KMyMoney is using Alkimia
(alkquotes) as the source for online quotes. We can move the wish list item
once the integration of alkquotes into KMyMoney took place.

Thomas Baumgart

What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.
What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher.
What we can't understand we call nonsense.
What we can't read we call gibberish. - Chuck Palahniuk